1.31.2010

First Overnight

Jack had his first overnight babysitter last night! He stayed at Grandma and Grandpa Lang's house while Jason and I went to a trivia night and out to a bar afterward with the neighbors. Everyone survived! Jack was an "angel baby" as Grandma Lang calls him, and we had a great time. I was up until 2:30am, which is certainly a record since before I got pregnant.

Jack also tried acorn squash Saturday morning and lapped it up. We're up to three veggies now. I've been playing around with his meal times trying to figure out what works best. I think I've settled on the following for now:

6:30am - nurse
9:30am or 10:00am - ~7oz. bottle of breast milk
12:30pm or 1:00pm - 2 tbs. cereal w/1 oz. breast milk; 1 oz. veggies
2:00pm - ~ 7oz. bottle of breast milk
5:30pm - 2 tbs. cereal w/1 oz. breast milk; 1 oz. veggies
7:00pm or 7:30pm - nurse

Once we get to the fruits, I will replace one of the veggies with a fruit, and likely increase the other veggie serving to 2 oz. I've have been stressing way too much about this - I was giving him more veggies, then realized his milk intake was decreasing, which is not ideal. I've been going round and round trying to decide, so I hope the schedule above is satisfying to him. If not, we'll go back to the drawing board.

We have a big week ahead of us with day care starting on Tuesday. Wish us luck!!

No comments: