9.21.2009

5 Weeks Old!

Jack is five weeks old today! Our little man is quickly turning into our big man! He is growing so fast!

We hit a big milestone Saturday night - Jack is officially sleeping in his crib now! We have been talking about moving him someday soon (actually, Jason has been talking about it, and I have just been smiling and nodding hoping he'll forget by the time bedtime gets here). Then Saturday night I had Jack in a pretty warm onesie so I didn't swaddle him so he wouldn't get too hot. When he woke up for his middle of the night meal, his feet were pushing off the end of the bassinet and he looked HUGE in there with all his limbs spread out. That's when I decided it was time to move him, so he went to his crib after that feeding and has been sleeping there ever since. It's going well - thank goodness for baby monitors!

Here are some pictures from the last few days.

Love his lips in this one!
So peaceful!Trying out his foot rattles:
Snoozing after a car ride (I promise he was buckled while we were in the car!!)Napping with Maggie!Exhausted after we took a walk:And here is a very grainy video of Jack waking up from a nap on Friday morning. A new video camera is on my Christmas list, so some day the videos will hopefully be much better!


Another big milestone - I can officially wear one pair of my pre-pregnancy jeans!! I can't wear them all yet, so I still have some work to do, but at least my wardrobe options are expanding!

2 comments:

Alison Marciano said...

YAY for the pre-pregnancy jeans!!! We're getting there girl!!
Love the pic of Jack asleep on your shoulder!! Such a lovebug! Can't wait to meet him and give him kisses!

Lisa C. said...

Congrats on your huge milestone! It's always nice to fit back into your old clothes!