7.21.2012

Annual Lake Trip

Last weekend we had our annual lake trip with my parents, their group of friends and all of their kids, with whom I grew up.  Of course there's a third generation too now that we're all having babies.  It was lots of fun!!

We started the long weekend with a play date at our house with Jules and her baby Evelyn, Steve and his baby Ryan and Laura and her twin baby boys that are still cookin'.  We had a nice visit.
Charlie kept escaping during the obligatory photo shoot

 Oops, there he goes again!
 Steve, Ryan, Evelyn, Jules, me, Jack, Charlie, Laura and baby bump (blocked by Charlie)
Then Thursday the boys and I left for the lake with my parents (Jason stayed back to work and came down Friday evening instead).  We had some pool time the first day, which both boys enjoyed.

Friday my mom, Charlie and I squeezed in a quick trip to the outlet mall while Jack and Grandpa fished.


Then we went out with the whole group on the boat.  Both boys did great - we all got in the water for awhile and then just hung out on the boat.  We stayed out well past nap time, but there were no meltdowns.  That's a success in my book!  Charlie wasn't sure about his first life jacket experience but he didn't complain too much.

Evelyn & Charlie








About to doze off - time to head back to the condo!

Dylan Trost - Jack's new buddy!  He is 5 1/2 but they still played great together (something about being the only two big boys, I guess)

And....he's out!
Saturday was just a pool day with another boat ride and some more fishing.  Jack is getting pretty good at casting and he and Daddy were fishing early Sunday morning and he threw a good cast and immediately caught a fish.  His daddy was very proud.




We capped off the day with our annual dice game (left-right-center).  This year was a smaller group but we still had 20 players.  Jack had a hay day being in charge of putting people's money in the pot when they rolled a four.  He was so excited!


Fun with stickers at dinner Friday night
Jack and I shared a bed.  The pictures are blurry because they were taken with my phone in the dark, but I had to demonstrate what a bed hog this guy is.  Two different nights:

We had a nice weekend and it was great to see my oldest friends in the world who were in town from Chicago, San Francisco and Chippenham, England!

1 comment:

klvail77 said...

My favorites are of Charlie and his windblown hair and of Jack sleeping with his feet pushed against the wall. Good times