7.15.2009

Pediatrician

Jason and I met our future pediatrician tonight! We had a pediatrician lined up - or thought we did - but found out a couple weeks ago that he is moving to a practice in Webster Groves, which is about a 40 minute drive from our house. So we were back to square one. We got quite a few recommendations, and finally picked one to interview. We met him tonight and really liked him - crisis averted!

I have to tell the story of the first pediatrician interview (the one that fell through) since everyone I have told gets a kick out of it. Jason ended up having to work, so I went to the meeting solo. I got there and they gave me a pamphlet about the practice and sent me to the "well" waiting room for a few minutes. I was looking around thinking "this is where we're going to bring Baby Fletch" and realized, much to my dismay, that I was getting choked up. Well, luckily a nurse came pretty quickly and got me and brought me to a room to chat. I kept my cool while talking to her, but then she left and the doctor came in. As soon as he walked in, I just started bawling. Yes, crying my eyes out. How embarrassing!! I mumbled something about being emotional while he politely went ahead to talk about himself and his practice to let me gain control of myself. I'm secretly a little glad it fell through so I don't have to show my face there again - what a whack job - I cried meeting my child's future pediatrician!!

Looking forward to my hormones being back to normal, though those who know me well know that me crying that easily is not too far from normal.

No comments: