1.20.2009

Ultrasound #2

We went to the doctor today and everything is looking great with our little one! I am 10.5 weeks along, and we heard the heartbeat for the first time. That was a tear-jerker! The baby's heartbeat is 171, which the doctor says is good.

The doctor said there's an old wives' tale that a higher heartbeat means it's a girl, and apparently 171 is a higher heartbeat. Then he said, "but that's only right 50% of the time." Funny - obviously gender guesses are only 50%. Anyway, then he said since we don't want to know the sex, they're going to continue to mess with us at each of our appointments to throw us off!

I've been feeling good for the past 4 days - I am nausea-free! My doctor said not to get too excited because I'm not necessarily out of the woods yet, but I will take what I can get for now!

Here is one of the pictures of the beautiful, 2" baby. You can see the head towards the bottom right - this is a profile shot. The arm is the light line pointing up in the middle and the legs are very faded at the top left of the picture.It was crazy, while we were watching the ultrasound, the baby was moving his/her legs and arms all around! Can't wait until I can feel that!
Oh, and I haven't gained any weight since the last appointment, which is exciting, but also shocking because I've been eating junk food galore to ease my nauseousness.

No comments: