1.11.2009

Scary Experience

Last Friday I was working from home, but halfway through the afternoon I decided to head into work to do a few things I couldn't do from home. I was driving on the highway and as I approached the bridge that crosses the Missouri River, there were two cop cars with flashing lights blocking the right lane. I slowed as all the other cars did, and I as I got closer I realized the two cops were out of their cars talking to a woman who was standing on the bridge's railing threatening to jump!! RIGHT as I drove by, one of the cops pounced and dragged the woman off the railing and onto the pavement. Phew! My heart was racing - I've never seen such a thing.

I'm so glad that is what I witnessed rather than the alternative! There was a short blurb about it in the paper - I hope she is getting the help that she needs.
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/stcharles/story/F13F70C60285ECD58625753200790B38?OpenDocument

No comments: