Back to Work

We had a glorious maternity leave.  I say we because this time it coincided with Jason's slow time at work, so we spent many of our days at home together.  I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit concerned about all that quality time, but It. Was. Wonderful!  Jason was super helpful with the boys and with Nora and with errand running.  Once I was back on my feet, he started working on our basement, but still we were both home together a lot.  We binged watched all five seasons of Breaking Bad at night after the kids were in bed, and then started on Orange is the New Black.  We really had a great time being at home with our little bundle.  We also kept Charlie home with us on Tuesdays since he is going to speech in the morning, and we tried to pick Jack up not too long after he got off the bus (he didn't want us there right away because he wanted to play with his cousins for a bit).  Overall, it was a fabulous 13 weeks and 2 days.

The Wednesday after we got back from Florida, my dreaded return-to-work date arrived.  You would think by the third kid, going back to work would get easier, but alas, it did not.  Nora is one lucky lady, though.  Similar to her brothers, she is going to Grandma and Grandpa Lang's on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but unlike her brothers she gets to go to Grandma and Grandpa Clayton's house on the other days.  Grandma Clayton made an arrangement with her work where she would use her vacation and sick days on Mondays, Wednesdays and every other Friday so she could watch Nora and then work on the other days.  My parents agreed to watch her every other Friday too, SO, no day care at all for our sweet baby girl.

Nora's first day was with Grandma Clayton, and they sent me this picture of the happy girl in her swing...
 I also got this lovely flower bouquet delivered at work from the kids (i.e. Jason).  Made my day!
We had a busy day that first day back.  After work Charlie had a meeting with his new soccer team, AND Jack lost his first tooth.  Eventful day for the Claytons.
I went back to work at a very busy time, so I had a lot of catching up to do.  In the first week alone, I worked 2-3 of the evenings after the kids were in bed.  Not fun.  Overall we have adjusted to being back to work.  Jason started back up mowing grass the week after I started back, but we have a good system to manage our mornings and evenings and it's going as well as we can expect.

Nora is doing great with all the grandparent time!  Here are a few other pictures I got over the first few weeks...

We realize we are very lucky to have so many helping hands around and willing to help us out!  I have no doubt our transition would have been so much harder if we were dropping her at day care each morning, so for that we are so grateful!

No comments: