2.12.2011

Way Behind!!

This post is way behind - it's been 3 weeks since my last post, and a lot has happened in those 3 weeks. The biggest thing, and my main excuse for not posting, was my work trip. Last week I went to Pergamino, Argentina for 5 days to visit one of our plants. It was a great trip - I had never been there, and I got to meet a lot of people that I work with regularly on the phone and via email. We had a lot of good meetings. BUT it felt like I was gone for SO long - I was missing my little guy like crazy. I'm not sure if it's because I was so far away or what, but boy, I was homesick! Jason and Jack picked me up at the airport and I cried like a little baby when he ran up to me and gave me a big hug. A little embarrassing when the two people I traveled with (including my boss's boss) were there to witness it! Ah well.

Also, Jason bought a new boat! Several weeks ago, he was going fishing and the roads were slick with snow, which resulted in this:
Jason and his friend were uninjured, but it was a sad day in our household. Turns out the boat and trailer were totaled. SO Jason's been on the hunt for a new boat since that day and he found one yesterday, just in time for the warm weather we're supposed to get next week. All is right in his world again.

Let's see, what's new with Jack. Well, while I was gone, St. Louis got the crazy sleet/snow storm, which kept Jason busy plowing (he worked for 29.5 hours with almost no break!!). As a result, Jack spent an unexpected 3 days at Grandma & Grandpa Lang's house. We're lucky we have the grandparents in town and willing to help us out (Jason's family was ready to help too)!

We've played with the neighbors a few times (Nathan and Addi). Jack LOVED Nathan's ride-on train - we struggled getting him to take turns with the other kids.
Jack is talking more every day and just amazes us with how smart he is! He is starting to really like Thomas and really just anything to do with trains. Today we were leaving Target and he started "woo woo"ing like a train out of the blue. Well, I thought it was out of the blue until I realized there was a train off in the distance blowing its whistle. Man, the kid is smart!

Here is raiding our kitchen cabinets:Wearing a pillowcase - silly guy:
Watching a movie (Thomas, of course) on Mommy & Daddy's bed:
Notice the crossed legs and the hand glued to the remote.

No comments: