It seems I've taken a bit of a blog hiatus, so I have some catching up to do. Jack is doing great - growing up so quickly!! He is ALL over the place and getting into everything. He pulls up on EVERYTHING and cruises very quickly down the length of the couch and around the coffee table while he's on his feet. He just started getting stable enough to use his little walker, and he's so excited when he does - like he's so proud that he's doing it all by himself. It is too cute, so of course I took a video to share with you:

I mentioned in one of my recent posts that Jack had a double ear infection. Well, it turns out the Amoxicilin didn't cure it this time, so he did a second round of antibiotics. I took him last Saturday to check and make sure his ears were better and they said they are. However, Jason and I are questioning that diagnosis because this week our little man is fighting sleep big time. Four nights this week it took at least an hour to get him to sleep, when typically we just lay him down awake and that's that. A couple nights he woke up 3-4 times during the night, which again is atypical. If this continues through the weekend, we'll be taking him back again Monday to get re-checked. He's also playing with his ears a lot, which could mean he's tired or cutting teeth, but we want to rule out an ear infection to be sure.

Jack has a few new skills. First, he just started "clapping." I put it in quotes because I don't think anyone other than his Mommy and Daddy would call it that. He keeps one hand open and the other in a fist, but he thinks he's clapping, so we love it. His other new skill is being an Indian (you know, when you tap your mouth and say "ah ah ah ah ah"). I'll try to get a video of it, because, like everything the little guy does, it too is quite adorable.

He's still a champion eater, but he his starting to show some disinterest in some foods. It's strange because one day he'll like a food (peas, for example) and the next day he refuses to eat it. Guess we'll just keep trying. He's been trying all kinds of new big people foods and is getting great at feeding himself. Of course, we're still grateful we have Maggie because a lot of food ends up on the floor, but he's getting a lot in his mouth too! We're cutting back to 4 bottles/day (instead of 5) and he eats breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner of "real" food.
Over Memorial Day weekend, we went to Jason's parents' farm for a couple days with my parents. It was a nice, relaxing time, but Jack had a rough time going to sleep. He's just not used to the pack & play I suppose. I can't complain though, because the sleep issues resulted in a LOT of Jack/Mommy snuggle time!
When we got back from the farm, we went to a party at the Ashers' house and the babies did a little swimming. It was fun!
We've also been trying to go to our neighborhood pool often. So far we've gone twice, and Jack really likes it. We got him this raft with a canopy to keep him from getting too much sun. Too bad it doesn't cover Mom and Dad too - last weekend both of us were fried from what seemed like a quick little visit to the pool. Oops! Too much focus on lubing Jack up with sunscreen; we forgot about ourselves!
Jack and Addi have been having some play dates. It's so fun to watch them interact with each other!A few weeks ago, we watched our nieces Mia and Lily for a few hours and I took this adorable video of Mia playing with Jack. She just loves playing with him, and he definitely loves playing with her too!
I think those are the big updates for now. I'll try not to wait so long next time!!

No comments: